September 12, 2007

Remorse

Alright, I admit, I'm feeling a little guilty about that last post. To be fair, I wasn't actually sitting in the lecture hall with the professor, I was sitting in a different lecture hall (due to overcrowding) that was playing a live video stream. Also, I was a wee bit tired because of the previous night's activities. What were those activities? Guitar Hero, Wii, Hacking, Eating?!?!?!? Nope, homework.



Now there's no way for you guys to see the time-stamp on that picture, but it was taken at 1 am, smack dab in the middle of our PSET gathering. That's me in the lower left tooling away (actually, by the looks of it, I had just finished math and was transitioning into physics).

So, when I say I lost all interest this morning, that doesn't mean I'm not still dedicated, it just means that at that particular moment of the lecture, learning chemistry was not the thing that was at the top of my list.

Also, good news, Varsity Pistol started yesterday! MIT has the best pistol team in the country (national champions last year) and I decided to join the team. No experience necessary, they train you and help you get amazing. In what other college can a freshman with no experience join a national champion team? Anywho, yesterday was the first time I got to shoot, and I got to keep my target. This was at 10 meters, and I was shooting at the back of the card (couldn't see any black circle or lines). I took a picture of the front to show you guys.



It's not spectacular, obviously (I didn't anticipate discovering that I was some diamond in the rough and pistol champion), but I still think it's neat! I'm just excited that I kept hitting the target.

Oh, also, I got another free t-shirt today! I'm up to 8 . . .

That's all for now, watch the MIT blogs for a guest entry coming up. I just need to think of something to blog about . . .

3 comments:

FreeLance said...

Yay! I love free teeshirts !!! Did you mean another famous folk in MIT Media Lab again ? Keep me posted !

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was up tooling 8.01 and 18.01A last night. It was very painful =P

Hawkins said...

I'm becoming more and more interested in the pistol team. I love the fact that they out-shoot all the military academies. =) No experience necessary, that gives me hope!

What exactly do you guys use your laptops for during pset gatherings?